Welcome to the Your Guide To Green Mattress Wrap and Mattress Cover education page. Over a decade ago I discovered the many issues associated with chemicals that modern day non organic mattresses pose. When replacing a conventional mattress is not an option, our mattress wraps and mattress covers are an affordable alternative mattress cover solution for off-gas prevention from toxic mattresses.
We offer a mattress wrap that is an affordable option to replacing your conventional mattress. Once you weigh our information and understand that you will be sleeping on a plastic mattress cover this solution is for you. Our mattress wraps and matress covers provide protection from toxic chemicals, bedbugs and dust mites.
Non-organic mattresses are made with harmful toxic chemicals. These toxins off-gas from both new and old mattresses and have been connected to SIDS and other neurological health issues.
- Our mattress wrap is made from Polyethylene Sheeting and is the thickness needed to prevent gases from permeating through it.
- Our mattress cover prevents gases being emitted from your mattress from being in your breathing space and on your skin.
- Our mattress wrap doesn't make your mattress any hotter or cooler.
- Our mattress cover creates a dust mite barrier that is healthier for your allergy prone family members
- Our mattress wrap protects your mattress from accidents such as common childhood mishaps and spills
- Our mattress cover doesn’t affect the performance of your memory foam and other mattresses.
- Our mattress wrap do not negate the positive performance of your mattress
- Our mattress cover acts as a barrier to trap and suffocate bedbugs
- Mattress thicknesses vary so, nearly all covers will need some adjusting when you install them
- The plastic mattress wrap is noisy when you move. We highly suggest that you purchase an organic mattress topper to go along with the mattress wrap. Once you install the mattress wrap then you put the mattress cover topper on the bed.
- You will still be venting the mattress through the bottom by slitting the wrap so the mattress can breath. This you must do. The mattress wrap prevents you from sleeping with your face and skin next to the offgassing.
Why You Need to Wrap Your Mattress
Mattress wraps & mattress covers were brought to market after the success of wrapping was demonstrated on babies' mattresses for well over a decade. The proof is overwhelming that wrapping a baby's mattress is the #1 crib-death prevention technique according to physicians and scientists conducting decades-long studies.
Mattress wraps & mattress covers also are produced for children’s and adult mattresses, to help those who suffer from asthma, chemical sensitivities, allergies to dust mites and protect from bedbug bites.
"We sleep for 6 to 10 hours per day. That means we are face down in all the chemicals emitted by our pillows and mattresses. “My first recommendation is to purchase an organic mattress and pillows. However, if that is not possible, wrap all nonorganic mattresses in a mattress wraps or mattress covers,” states Greg Peterson, Green Guru and owner of YourGuideToGreen.com where these wraps are now sold.
Lendon H. Smith, MD, with Joseph G. Hattersley, MA., authors of The Infant Survival Guide: Protecting Your Baby from the Dangers of Crib Death, Vaccines and Other Environmental Hazards explain the Toxic Gas Theory in a nutshell:
Before World War II, unexplained infant deaths were unusual. But after 1950, the governments of nearly all the rich industrialized countries required treatment of baby and child mattresses with flame retardant chemicals. Phosphorus and antimony were most commonly used; arsenic was sometimes added later as a preservative. American crib deaths (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome - SIDS) ballooned 400-fold.
Death results from the generation of poisonous gases from the chemicals. Common, ordinarily harmless household fungi and certain microorganisms consume the phosphorus, arsenic and antimony, added as fire retardants and plastic softeners.
In consuming the chemicals, the fungi emit the heavier-than-air neurotoxic gases that are said to be about one thousand times more poisonous than carbon monoxide. Gas generation starts when a mattress, containing both the chemicals and the fungi, is warmed to body temperature. Over time with the buildup of perspiration and other body fluids and body heat enable the fungi to grow and generate gas rapidly.
Breathed for an extended time, even in minute quantity, these nearly odorless gases can interrupt the transfer of nervous impulses from the brain to the heart and lungs and shut down the central nervous system; heart function and breathing then stop.
Scientists and physicians also make the connection that while not fatal, older children and adults who complain of headaches, asthma and allergies are likely experiencing reactions to these off-gassing chemicals.
The solution is wrapping your mattress with one of our mattress wraps. When replacing a conventional mattress is not an option, our mattress wraps are an affordable solution for off-gas prevention from mattresses. Our Mattress Wraps are made of 6 mil food grade polyethylene sheeting that slips over mattresses like a pillowcase that is available in one size fits all new improved sizing that will fit mattresses up to 15" thick.
Our Mattress Wraps feature a polyethylene sheeting thickness needed to prevent gases from permeating/off gassing so that any gases coming from your mattress will be kept from your environment and skin. The mattress wrap also acts as a dust mite and bed bug barrier for allergy prone family.
Get Your Mattress Wraps Now!
If you have any questions before you purchase, please don't hesitate to contact us.